What You Should Do If You Get Water In Your Gas Tank

Sphere: Related Content
Have you ever gone to a gas station and put gas in your tank but were not aware that there was water in the gas? Well, you would not know if any water has been put into your gas tank until your car starts to seriously act up and especially when you are going uphill. Trust me, I have been through that horrible mess before, and it was a very tiring and horrible experience.

My friend and I were late that morning. It can mess up your tank and your car. It was like that for days and days. It got to the point when I was so aggravated that I wanted to blow up my car. Do you know what it feels like to be in a car that has water in the tank? It feels like you are being pulled back and forth while you are going very slow. Then, your car suddenly stops in the middle of the road.

I stopped at another gas station, and a guy told my friend and me to put rubbing alcohol in my gas tank. According to this man, putting rubbing alcohol into my tank will help my car go back to its normal driving condition. Alcohol supposedly takes the water, evaporates it, and even cleans your gas. Although I was very reluctant because I worried that the rubbing alcohol would do more damage to my car than good, I took his advice and put alcohol in it.

To my surprise, it worked! The rubbing alcohol took the water right out. However, in some cases, this will not work, and you would need to get your gas tank changed. A lot of water in your gas tank or in you engine can be very bad. It will cause your car to stall and even to die. You will have some serious car issues. A car can run on water only if you have a water system in it. These cars are made specifically to run on both water and gas. As technology improves, so do advances in technology that involve cars and using water as fuel.

When water gets in the gas it goes into the engine and makes the car sputter and choke. So make sure you ask the person that is running the store if there is water in the gas. If they don't know just remember to have some rubbing alcohol in you car just in case it happens to you.
Aydan Corkern is a writer of many topics, visit some of her sites, like Water Damage Restoration and Document Drying.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/cars-articles/what-you-should-do-if-you-get-water-in-your-gas-tank-571971.html
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Post a Comment